Over 20 years of success
With over 25 years of success as a programmer, keyboardist, composer, sound effects editor, music editor and music director for record projects, films and tours, Mike McKnight has worked for numerous artists, producers and production companies throughout the world.
Professional recording studio…
He runs a professional recording studio with hard disk recording (MOTU & Pro Tools) and a large MIDI system for preproduction, tracking and remixing.
Major world tours…
Mike can provide you with sequencing of all musical, percussion, vocals, custom synthesizer programming and musical direction for major (world) tours and/or record projects.
Film composer and sound designer
Mike can compose the music and do the sound effects for your feature or short film. Mike has a huge library of sound effects and music libraries for your project.
Clients include Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Roger Waters, Madonna, U2, Earth, Wind & Fire, Shakira, George Michael, Paula Abdul, Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, Whitney Houston, Lenny Kravitz, Celine Dion, Jennifer Lopez, and many more…
Expert in his field…
Mike is a columnist for Keyboard Magazine and serves as a beta tester and adviser to many of the top music software and hardware companies. Member AFM Local 47 and NARAS. Have a look around and please do not hesitate to contact Mike!
- ROGER WATERS “Us and Them” World Tour 2017 – 2019
- ROGER WATERS – “The Wall” Live Tour 2010 – 2013
- DON HENLEY – “Cass County” Tour 2015
- MARIAH CAREY – 1996 – 2019 Tours
- LADY GAGA – 2014 tour
- SELENA GOMEZ – 2013 tour
- MICHAEL JACKSON 2009 “This is It” Tour: Sound design and Digital Performer programming.
- MADONNA – 1990 – 2005 Tours
- BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN – 2002-2003 Tour Programming
- SHAKIRA – 2002-2003 Tour Programming
- U2 – 2001 Tour programming and first 4 shows
- TLC – 1999 – 2000 Tour
- FLEETWOOD MAC – 1997 Tour Programming
- WHITNEY HOUSTON – 1991 – 2000 Tour Programming
- PAULA ABDUL – 1991 – 1992 Tour & 1995 – 1996 Tour (as Musical Director)
- EARTH WIND & FIRE – 1987 – 1997 Tours
- CHICAGO – 1995 – 2000 Tour Programming
- LENNY KRAVITZ – 1991 Tour Programming
- JANET JACKSON – 1993 – 1995 Tour Programming
- MOTLEY CRUE – 1994 Tour Programming
- BARRY MANILOW – 1997 Tour Programming
- LIONEL RICHIE – 1998 and 1999 tour programming
Television shows, etc
- THE TERMS OF US – Award winning short film 2019. Composer
- STOLEN BREATH, THE TRUTH REVEALED – Feature film 2019. Composer, sound design and mixing
- 22 YEARS – Award winning short film 2015. Composer and mixing.
- LIKE MIKE – Short film 2010. Composer and additional sound effects.
- PROJECT ABADDON – Feature Film in progress 2019. Co-composer and sound effects.
- MARIAH CAREY – 1996 – 2019. Tribute to Heroes, AMA, BET, Grammys, VH1 Divas Live, MTV Video Awards, Blockbuster Video Music Awards, SNL, Oprah, Letterman, Rosie, The View; Billboard Awards 2015
- ROGER WATERS – 12/12/12 Tribute For Hurricane Sandy; Stand Up for Heroes 2013; “The Wall” Feature Movie 2015.
- DON HENLEY – Austin City Limits 2015
- CHRISTINA AGUILERA – 2010 Oprah and VH1 shows.
- AMERICAN IDOL – Season 6 – Jennifer Lopez; Idol Gives Back (Celine Dion and Elvis Duet; Josh Groban; Earth Wind and Fire; El Divo & Rascal Flats); Pink; Season 5 – Carrie Underwood; Stevie Wonder; & Season 5 Finale
- KATHERINE MC PHEE – 2007 Promo Tour Jay Leno, Today Show, Regis and Kelly, AOL sessions, Rachel Rae, Jimmie Kimmel
- U2 – Grammys & British Music Awards 2001
- JENNIFER LOPEZ, Ja Rule, and LL Cool J – MTV USO Show 2001, Oprah 2002, Today Show, American Idol, Ellen 2007
- MADONNA – American and British Music Awards 1995; HBO 1993, 2001 & 2004: MTV Europe Awards 2005
- CELINE DION – 1998 Grammys, 2007 American Idol duet with Elvis Presley
- GEORGE MICHAEL – “5 Live” 1995, “Older” 1996, and “Best of George Michael” 1998
- SPICE GIRLS – SNL, Letterman & Rosie O’Donnell TV show 1997
- WHITNEY HOUSTON – Super Bowl, Soul Train, Nickelodeon, Grammys & Oprah 1994 – 2000
- EARTH WIND & FIRE – “Heritage”, ”Millennium” & “Greatest Hits Live” CDs; Today Show, HBO, VH1, “Grace Under Fire”, NHK 1987 – 1997
- 98 DEGREES – TV Special and Promotional Dates – 2000
- PAULA ABDUL – MTV, HBO & NHK – 1992; “Tonight Show”, “Friday Night Videos” – 1995, David Foster, Barbra Streisand, Usher, Mary J Blige, Josh Groban, William Joseph, Rene Olestad, Diana Ross, El Debarge, James Ingram, Tom Jones, Michael Bolton, Motown Live, BET Movies & Anniversary, “Batman & Robin”, George Howard, Riff, “Duet”, “The Simpsons”, Patrick Swayze, Thomas Helmig, MCA, Julio Iglesias, Sports Illustrated Awards Show 2000, Michael Jackson, Take 6 and numerous other projects and tours.
“Mike is the consummate professional and he’s second to none. It’s always a huge relief to know that Mike is involved in a project. He’s thorough, efficient, works tirelessly and makes everyone else’s job THAT much easier. He’s the first one there and the last one to leave. When you step into Mike’s world and watch him work a live show, nothing goes wrong. He’s focused, knows each venue and it’s limitations and anticipates the unexpected. Day after day, show after show, tour after tour. There is no second call. If Mike’s not available to do a project, you will need to hire two very talented and experienced people to even come close. He gets my highest recommendation and respect.”
“Mike McKnight, is, truly, a master craftsman in his field. He is an innovator and leader in the art of live concert performance / tour support. As an accomplished and talented musician and computer audio programmer, Michael brings nothing less than his best to every show and tour he is involved in. He is one of THE MOST (extremely) professional and highly skilled people I know in the music business. I have done many live shows with Mike and I am ALWAYS impressed with his focus, his attention to detail, his ability and his skill in handling what absolutely has to be one of THE hottest and most demanding seats to sit in during a live show. Mike’s job is one of immense responsibility. Mike always comes through with flying colors. Mike is a strong team player and is highly respected in the music industry. I am always relieved to know that Michael is going to be a part of the show. I know with his support, the show is going be a success.”
“Mike has always been an innovator in this particular field. Many of us in the business would not have the opportunity to work if Mike had not been there to invent and prove the position, in technical practice as well as in hardware that has been made and modified for the particular need. Always patient and willing to share his knowledge and expertise, Mike is a strong team player and a truly committed individual.”
- 2 Mac Mini 3 GHz I7 16GB RAM with SSD’s
- 3 Mac Book Pro laptops maxed out on RAM with SSD’s.
- Open Labs Sound Slate Pro Windows 7 Professional 3.4 GHz I7 32GB RAM with Vienna Ensemble Pro for extensive orchestral and other libraries networked in studio.
- 3 MOTU 24 I/O interfaces (24 outputs)
- 6 MOTU Ultralite’s; and 4 MOTU 828x
- Digital Performer 8.07 – 9.01
- Pro Tools 12.4
- Ableton Live 9, Cubase, Reason
- Final Cut Pro X
- Primary touring rig with the capability to have 3 24 output systems running simultaneously through a Clair Brothers 72 in 24 out custom made switcher in Jan Al Cases
- 3 smaller tour rigs with 2 Ultra Lite’s and Radial SW8 16 in 8 out switchers with redundant computers for 8 output shows and tours in Jan Al Cases.
- 3 Brainstorm Electronics SR-15+ for time code distribution on tour.
- Waves Mercury on primary computer; with many Waves plugins on all other show and studio computers.
- Izotope Post production bundle advanced, Ozone 7.
- Huge library of Slate, PSP, Fab Filter, Lexicon, Native Instruments, Serato, Sonnox, Sound Toys, Synchro Arts, Waves, Zynaptiq, Valhalla, and many other plug ins.
- Huge library of Virtual Instruments and libraries including Air, Applied Acoustics, Arturia, Cakewalk, Fab Filter, MOTU, Music Weapons, KV331, Native Instruments, 8Dio, Orbit, Zero G, Signal, Heavyocity, Robert Papen, Spire, Spectrasonics, Spitfire, Synthogy, Vienna Instruments, Camel Audio, East West, Toontrack, UVI, Xfer Records, Symphobia, LASS, u-he, and many others.
- Huge library of sound effects.
- Korg Kronos and Triton Rack
- Yamaha Motif Rack and CP70B Piano
- Roland XV5080
- Muse Receptor 2+ Fully loaded
- Fender Rhodes Mark 1 73 stage in immaculate condition
- NI Kompete Kontrol S49 controller and Maschine
- Oxygen 88 controller
- Yamaha, Mackie and Reftone near field monitors in studio.
- Coleman Audio Switcher for monitors in studio.
- MOTU MTP AV
- 360 Systems 8×8 MIDI Switcher/router
- CM Labs 64 audio switcher
- Shure SM 57, Shure SM58 and Blue Baby Bottle Microphones.
34145 Pacific Coast Hwy
Dana Point, CA 92629
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio- and/or video clips, and software, is the property of McKnight Sounds Inc. or its content suppliers and protected by international copyright laws.
Unauthorized reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance of the content on this site is strictly prohibited.
Although every effort has been made to ensure the information contained in this website is correct, no rights can be derived from the contents of this website;
We disclaim all warranties with regard to the information provided on our webpages. In no event shall we be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the information here provided.
In case of any questions and/or remarks, please contact us.
Getting a Touring Crew Gig resources::..
Websites for music trade magazines and synthesizers::..
How to Program Synthesizers Sites::..
Touring vendors and reference::..
Local Rehearsal Studios::..
Music Business Resources::..
Musical Equipment Insurance::..